Revitalize your skin and keep your complexion glowing and gorgeous with the immediate and long-term benefits of chemical peels at OVME.
Improve Tone, Texture, & Clarity
Skin is the human body’s most dynamic organ — it’s constantly changing, renewing, and regenerating. Chemical peels simply boost that natural process by speeding up cell turnover and removing the dull, dry top layers to reveal brighter, healthier skin underneath.
If you’re concerned about fine lines, wrinkles, texture, and hyperpigmentation, a chemical peel just might be your ideal option. OVME’s experts will help you determine which level or peel intensity is right for your skin and make the process as smooth as your complexion will be post-treatment!
Benefits of Chemical Peels at OVME Studios
Choose from 3 Levels of Peels:
Level 1 peels are ideal for mild skin concerns and require zero downtime! Levels 2 and 3 are recommended for moderate to severe skin concerns and require minimal downtime.
Get Exclusive Member Perks:
Elite OVME members get a complimentary* monthly Level 1 Illuminize Peel. To learn more, view our membership pricing below.
*Elite membership includes a monthly complimentary peel or facial, but not both.
Experience Superior Service:
Our team is well-versed in chemical peel treatments and will always ensure you are comfortable and at ease while delivering the best results possible.
Skin Tone & Texture
Visible Signs of Aging
Hyperpigmentation & Scarring
Chemical Peels Pricing & Savings Program
The chemical peel cost is well worth it—especially with exclusive membership offers and savings.
Chemical Peel FAQs
What everyone needs to know about this treatment.
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing cosmetic treatment in which a chemical solution is applied to the face, removing the top layer of skin to reveal a smoother, younger-looking complexion. Chemical peel benefits include:
- A brighter skin tone
- A reduction in visible signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles
- Improved skin texture and clarity
- A reduction of sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and melasma
When you book at OVME, your chemical peel results will be nothing short of spectacular.
What does a chemical peel do?
The acids used in a chemical peel (different types of alpha-hydroxy and beta-hydroxy acids) trigger your body’s healing response and cause the older, outer layer of skin to flake off and newer, healthier skin to regenerate.
Who can benefit from skin peels?
Just about anyone can benefit from chemical peels at OVME! The products we use are safe for all skin types—including darker tones. Those with hyperpigmentation, acne scars, wrinkles, and fine lines can all benefit from chemical peels.
How much is a chemical peel?
How much do chemical peels cost? It depends on various factors, including your location and the level or type of peel you choose. However, the best chemical peel is not going to be the least expensive—you get what you pay for, and clients should be wary of those offering treatments at below-market price points.
How long does a chemical peel take?
A peel can take anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes depending on the level selected.
Microdermabrasion vs. chemical peel: While both work well for minor or superficial skin conditions, chemical peels are the better option for more severe skin concerns such as scarring and deeper lines/wrinkles. In terms of time, the treatments are pretty comparable. Recovery time, however, may be longer for Levels 2-3 of skin peels.
Do chemical peels hurt?
Chemical peels get a bit of a bad reputation, but today’s formulations are virtually painless and cause little discomfort—if any. The products we use are buffered and contain anti-irritants, so you should not feel any pain during your treatment. After a chemical peel, side effects may include itching, peeling, and redness depending on the level of your peel.
When will I see chemical peel results?
Skin peel results will be visible about one week after treatment. Over time and after multiple peels, you will continue to see improvements in your complexion. When you look at chemical peel before and after photos, you’ll see a noticeable difference in skin tone, texture, and clarity.
How can I protect my skin post peel?
After a chemical (and every day, for that matter!) you will want to avoid sun exposure and getting a sunburn as your skin will be extra sensitive. Wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30+ and be sure to apply generously and also reapply throughout the day.
How do chemical peels get rid of wrinkles?
Chemical peels get rid of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating cell regrowth, which reveals newer and younger-looking skin. This treatment can also address:
- fine lines under eyes
- fine lines around mouth
- fine lines on forehead
How to get rid of acne scars fast?
If you’re wondering how to get rid of pimple scars, chemical peels are a great acne scar treatment. While there is no “quick fix” to getting rid of acne scars, chemical peels can reduce the appearance of scarring and discoloration over time and with multiple treatments.
How do I care for my skin after a chemical peel?
Chemical Peel Post Treatment Care Instructions
Immediately After Your Treatment
- Treated skin may feel tight be more red than usual for 2 to 3 days. Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating during this time.
- Skin may feel tacky and have a yellow tinge. This is temporary and will fade in a few hours. (Level 2 and Level 3 Peels only).
- Whenever possible, wait until the next morning to cleanse your skin. If there is need to cleanse earlier, wait at least 4-6 hours for best results.
- Depending on the peel treatment you received there may be a solution that remains on your skin immediately after your treatment. It’s important to avoid extreme heat, (like a hot car or heater vents in the car), sweating, exposure to rain, or any activity that could cause the solution to become mobile/migrate.
- It is imperative to use sunscreen daily. If you have any hypersensitivity to the sun, take extra precautions to protect skin as you may be more sensitive post-peel.
Caring For Your Skin After Treatment
- Starting in the morning the next day, use a very gentle cleanser and tepid water to clean the skin. Pat dry. Apply a gentle moisturizer and SPF after cleansing.
- For the first 48 hours/before the skin starts to peel or flake, moisturizer can be applied twice a day. When the skin is peeling, moisturizer should be reapplied more frequently to control the peeling.
- Peeling will generally start between 48-72 hours after the procedure and can last 2 to 7 days.
- Avoid picking, pulling, balling-up, rolling-off or otherwise exfoliating the peeling skin. Premature peeling of the skin will result in dry, cracked, raw skin that may develop into post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or scarring.
- Avoid scrubs, washcloths, or use of a cleansing brush (e.g., Clarisonic) or other cleansing devices.
- Avoid intense, intentional, or direct sunlight and/or heat for at least 4-6 weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweat-inducing activities starting the day of the treatment and while the skin is peeling.
- Avoid using retinol, Retin-A products, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), Beta Hydroxy (BHA), other exfoliating products or bleaching creams for at least one week. These can be resumed ONLY after the peeling process is completed and the skin is no longer sensitive.
- Avoid procedures including facials, microdermabrasions, waxing, laser hair removal, etc. until peeling has completed. At least two weeks is recommended.
Contact your local OVME studio immediately if you experience reactions such as:
- Moderate-to-severe swelling, burning or redness that does not subside or resolve after applying moisturizer
- Rash-like skin appearance
Schedule the next appointment
Peels can be repeated every 3-4 weeks until desired results are achieved. Results are cumulative and maximum benefits are seen with a series of 3-6 or more peels.
7 Day Post Peel Daily Skincare Regimen Example
|Cleanse with gentle cleanser and tepid water||Cleanse with gentle cleanser and tepid water|
|Apply provider-approved moisturizer. Reapply throughout the day as needed.||Apply provider-approved moisturizer|
|Optional: Makeup or BB Cream||-|
SKINMEDICA® Replenish Hydrating Cream, SKINMEDICA® Ceramide Treatment Cream, or SKINMEDICA® Ultra Sheer Moisturizer, all available at your OVME studio.
Your provider can also recommend other approved moisturizers available over the counter, such as Cereve Moisturizing Cream, La Roche Posay TOLERIANE Ultra Moisturizing Cream, or Vanicream Moisturizing Cream Fragrance Free.
OVME Chemical Peels
Our clients’ skin glows radiantly after receiving an OVME chemical peel service. This process works to smooth skin and is an exceptional treatment to address hyperpigmentation, acne scarring, dark spots on your skin, and more. The results are visible after 1 week and continue to improve with subsequent skin peel treatments. These treatments are safe for practically all skin types and will result in youthful, radiant, glowing skin.
Chemical Peel Near Me
When performing a google search for “chemical peel near me” in your quest to find a trusted, reputable chemical peel provider, rest assured that you’ll receive medically supervised skin peel services in any of our studios. We have locations in: Atlanta GA, East Cobb GA, Bethesda MD, Bryn Mawr PA, Charlotte NC, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, Houston TX, Franklin TN, Nashville TN
What To Expect When Receiving a Chemical Peel Treatment
Chemical peel before and after differences have continued to improve thanks to recent scientific advancements that have made formulations even safer and more effective. For those wondering what to expect after a chemical peel, prepare for a brighter, smoother, and more youthful look and feel. If you follow chemical peel pre and post-care instructions, this treatment will produce stellar results. Skin peel downtime varies based on the level of treatment, but is typically around 3-5 weeks.
Chemical Peel Benefits:
Chemical peel for acne scars
Chemical peel for acne scars before and after images show the effectiveness of this treatment. So, if you’re curious about the best chemical peel for acne scars and large pores, look no further than OVME’s unique services. We help you understand the chemical peel for acne scars cost and downtime to make sure you’re getting the proper treatment that meets your needs.
Chemical peel for dark spots
OVME ensures that you receive the best chemical peel for dark spots that fits your unique skin care needs. Examine the chemical peel for dark spots before and after images to see the incredible difference this treatment can make.
Chemical peel for hyperpigmentation
Chemical peel is an excellent choice for hyperpigmentation treatment. Whether you’re looking for hyperpigmentation treatment for face or hyperpigmentation treatment for dark skin, OVME offers services that meet your needs.
Chemical peel for wrinkles and fine lines
If you’re wondering how to get rid of wrinkles on forehead, a chemical peel treatment may be what you’re looking for. OVME will work with you to find the best treatment for deep wrinkles, as well as help eliminate wrinkles as you see fit.
Chemical Peel Alternatives
Learn more about chemical peels here.
Chemical Peel vs Microdermabrasion
In addition to chemical peel treatments, OVME also offers Hydrafacials that can work for you. If you want smooth skin, OVME works with you to determine which treatment will best meet your needs—whether that’s chemical peel, facial, or microdermabrasion. All these treatments have unique advantages, so if you have any questions, our medical professionals are here to answer them!
Chemical Peel vs Microneedling
If you’re curious about the benefits of microneedling, you can learn more about OVME’s microneedling treatments. Of, if you’d like to know more about microneedling with prp, ask one of our medical professionals.
Chemical Peel vs Laser
OVME also offers laser resurfacing face treatments, as well as laser resurfacing for acne scars. Talk to one of our medical professionals to determine if chemical peel or laser treatments are best for you!