CoolSculpting is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat reduction treatment that utilizes precision guided cooling to safely and effectively eliminate unwanted fat. To date, over 7 million CoolSculpting treatments have been performed worldwide. The results are proven, noticeable, and lasting - which means you’ll look amazing from head to toe.
How to prepare for your treatment:
- Shower of bathe the day of treatment to prepare your skin for your Coolsculpting treatment. Your skin must be free of all makeup, lotions, creams and body oils.
- It’s a good idea to eat a small meal and drink a glass or two of water before your Coolsculpting treatment.
- Remove all jewelry and piercings pertinent to the treatment area.
- Be sure to discuss your medical history and medications you take with your provider.
- Wear comfortable clothing
What to expect during your treatment:
- As the cooling begins during the first few minutes, you typically feel intense cold. This soon dissipates.
- With some applicators, you’ll feel some pulling as suction is applied. The area generally goes numb within 5 to 10 minutes during treatment.
- Many people read, watch videos, work on their laptop, or even take a nap during their CoolSculpting treatment.
Post Treatment Care:
- Typically, there is minimal discomfort and recovery time after the CoolSculpting procedure. Most patients are able to return to their daily routine immediately after the procedure.
- Many patients experience redness in the treated area for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed. In rare cases, it may persist for up to two weeks.
- Many patients have minimal discomfort following the procedure; however, you may experience one or more of the following sensations: swelling, itching, tingling, numbness, tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area, cramping, aching, bruising and/or skin sensitivity. Consult your provider if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after the CoolSculpting procedure, and you will experience the most dramatic results after one to three months. Your body will continue to naturally process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure.
- In rare cases, patients have reported darker skin color, hardness, discrete nodules, freeze burn, enlargement of the treated area, hernia or worsening of existing hernia following the CoolSculpting procedure. Surgical intervention may be required to correct the enlargement or hernia.
- Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results. Maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure to continue appreciating your full results.
- Schedule a follow-up medical assessment to review your clinical results and discuss the option of additional treatments to achieve your desired outcomes.
- Please call us if your symptoms appear to worsen or last longer than two weeks.