Radio frequency Microneedling is an effective technique that rejuvenates the skin by creating micro-injuries. Tiny, short needles momentarily penetrate the skin, and as they heal, the body boosts its production of collagen and elastin to create fresh, new skin cells. This can help with everything from discoloration to fine lines and wrinkles.
How to prepare for RF Microneedling:
- It is best to avoid alcohol and any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication prior to treatment as both may contribute to bruising following the procedure.
- Stop using products that contain salicylic acid (often found in facial cleansers) before the procedure.
- Please inform your physician if you are currently taking or have taken any blood-thinning medication as it may increase bleeding or bruising during and following the procedure.
- A prescription strength numbing cream is applied to the treatment area for 5-10 minutes before the procedure begins. The numbing agent significantly decreases patient discomfort.
Post treatment care:
- For cleansing, use a very mild, soothing cleanser
- Refrain from applying make up until the following day. Use clean makeup brushes. Mineral-based makeup is best during the post-treatment period (24-48 hours).
- Do not use any additional skincare products during the first 24 hours following your treatment, unless advised by your clinician.
- Do not exercise or increase your heart rate 24-48 hours post treatment.
- Avoid all sun exposure for up to three days post treatment. Wear your hat and sunscreen.
- Refrain from deep exfoliation and/or retinol products for seven to 10 days post-treatment.