Botox® and Dysport® soften wrinkles by temporarily reducing
contractions of the underlying muscles of the face. Botox® and Dysport®
are simple treatments that deliver superior cosmetic outcomes with
almost no side effects or downtime.
How to prepare for your treatment:
- Avoid Aspirin or Anti-inflammatory medication– Generally, it’s best to avoid over-the-counter painkillers. Tylenol is fine. These can increase the chance of bruising or swelling from the injection.
- Avoid Alcohol – At least for 2 to 3 days before the procedure, it’s best to avoid alcohol. It can thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising.
What to expect day of your treatment:
- Skip Makeup – Generally, we suggest you avoid applying makeup in the area of the injection. The plastic surgeon cleans the area with an antiseptic or rubbing alcohol, which wipes off any makeup in the area.
- Stay Calm – Although it’s a safe procedure, people are sometimes nervous about anything involving needles. It’s okay, this is common. But it’s best to stay calm for your treatment.
- Your provider will consult with your desired goals and assess your needs. They will then mark up your areas for a better idea of where units will be injected.
- Your provider will then inject Botox® or Dysport® into the treated areas.
Post Treatment Care:
- No manipulation (touching) of the treatment site for 3 to 4 hours after
receiving a Botox® or Dysport® treatment. This includes eyebrow waxing, facials, massages, and wearing tight hats or sunglasses. Do not lay down for 4 to 6 hours after Botox®/Dysport®.
- Do not perform or strenuous exercise or activity for 4 to 6 hours after
- Severe side effects and/or long-lasting discomfort post treatment is
very rare. In the unlikely event that you experience excessive pain,
have difficulty breathing, speaking, vision problems, or generalized weakness, immediately contact a provider at your local OVME studio.
- Noticeable results are typically seen within 5 to 7 days and full
correction within 14 days.
- The benefits of a Botox®/Dysport® treatment will last anywhere from
3 to 4 months.
- If you do not experience the desired result after 7 to 10 days, contact
your OVME provider.